Instrument Donation Program
The Live the Music Foundation is a 501c3 non-profit public charity dedicated to providing music education to students of all backgrounds and diversities and to our community. In its capacity as a public charity, the Foundation operates in affiliation with The Detroit School of Rock and Pop Music®. The Foundation believes that learning starts from one’s pursuit of excellence in one discipline and grows from there for a lifetime. Music, for some, is that discipline and the Foundation exists to help those people. Through our many industry partnerships, we will use your donation to help as many student musicians as possible.
Why donate musical instruments?
- Perhaps you have had trouble selling your old instrument on eBay or are scared to put things on Craigslist?
- Perhaps your item is too big to ship? (Drum sets can be tricky.)
- Perhaps you’ve tried to sell your old equipment to a store but have decided you would rather realize the full tax deductible charitable contribution.
The Live the Music Foundation promises to put the life back into your unused music equipment and instruments by either:
- Using it. – Through our partnership with The Detroit School of Rock and Pop Music, the Live the Music Foundation has the unique ability to get your unused equipment and instruments into the hands of talented student musicians who can give your equipment the life you envisioned for it when you purchased it.
- Giving it to someone who can use it. – If we can’t put your equipment to use, our next step is give it to student musicians that may possess talent and passion but lacking the resources to get the equipment they need.
- Selling it to someone who can use it, and use the proceeds to provide scholarships and music to our community. – Finally if we can’t find a home for your unused equipment, we will sell it and use the money to provide support for scholarships to student musicians and music events for the community.
- Musicians with extra equipment.
- Parents of kids who lost interest.
- People wishing to commemorate a loved one’s love of music.
- Music lovers to which life has happened, and never got to learn that instrument they purchased.
Items Needed: Guitar and Bass Amplifiers, Guitars, Bass, Keyboards, Keyboard Amplifiers, Drums, Cymbals, Computer Recording Systems, Microphones, PA Systems, Sheet Music, Music Books, Concert Tickets, Trumpets, Saxophones, Trombones, Flutes, Clarinets, Mixing Boards, and anything else music related you can think of. Anything musical… We’ll take care of the details.
Please email for instructions on how to get your donation to us, or in select instances to arrange for someone to pick it up.