Summer Rocks! Summer Camp Scholarship Program:
The Live The Music Foundation (LTMF) has several scholarship programs available to students of any race, religion, color, national or ethnic origin seeking financial aid to attend a session of The Detroit School of Rock and Pop Music’s Summer Rocks! music camp.
The LTMF Scholarship Committee determines eligibility for need-based aid through a review of a family’s income documentation. Aid amounts vary depending upon the length and cost of the program and the family’s income level. Available scholarships are limited and they will cover only a portion of the tuition cost.
How to Apply for Need-Based Scholarships:
1. Please fill out the form below.*
2. Email a copy of your 2014 or 2015 federal income tax form 1040 (PDF document with a password is encouraged.) Your application will not be considered complete and an audition time will not be scheduled without this information.
3. Email a brief written recommendation from the current Arts Teacher or Private Instructor, or someone with significant knowledge of your passion.
4. A representative will schedule an audition meeting time at The Detroit School of Rock and Pop Music.
*It is recommended that applicants who are seeking financial aid have a .PDF copy of their tax documents ready before beginning the application for admission.
EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
The LTMF provides partial-tuition merit-based scholarships for a limited number of its most qualified candidates. No financial documentation is required. An audition for our scholarship committee is required. Available scholarships are limited and they will cover only a portion of the tuition cost.
How to Apply for Merit-Based Scholarships:
1. Please fill out the form below.
2. Email a brief written recommendation from the current Arts Teacher or Private Instructor, or someone with significant knowledge of your passion.
3. A representative will schedule an audition meeting time at The Detroit School of Rock and Pop Music.
Audition Meeting Details for Scholarship Day:
(Need-Based and Merit-Based Scholarship Applicants)
Instrumentalists – You will be asked to play a song and three major scales demonstrating your instrument. Drummers will be asked to play various styles (Rock, Latin, Jazz, Reggae, Metal Etc.) and rudiments.
Vocalists – You will be asked to sing a prepared solo (accompanied or unaccompanied).
Interview – You will be asked questions about your music pursuits by the scholarship committee or foundation representative. Their questions are meant to gauge the passion and commitment of each individual in an attempt to identify the most deserving candidates.
The Detroit School of Rock and Pop Music
1109 South Washington
Royal Oak, Michigan 48067
PLEASE NOTE: A student receiving a LTMF scholarship is not automatically registered in a camp session. A DSRP Summer Rocks! camp application must be completed and sent in with a deposit in order to be enrolled. The camp application and deposit may be submitted after you receive notification of scholarship. All DSRP enrollment is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and a scholarship award does not guarantee or reserve enrollment for a student.
**PLEASE READ ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE. FAILURE TO FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND INCLUDE ALL INFORMATION MAY RESULT IN OUR INABILITY TO PROCESS YOUR APPLICATION AND SCHEDULE AN AUDITION MEETING.**